directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 RC1
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:00:21 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> This is a workaround. Is there a way to define an editor which can
> handle something like a BigDecimal instead of an integer, of course in a
> matter of hours?

What we could to is to remove the "Spinner" widget and instead add a
simple text field and add a validator that validates the value using
  new BigInteger(text);
and in case of a NumberFormatException we reject the value.

However as discussed in DIRSTUDIO-234 we should consider if all those
smart features help or just handicap the users...

Regards,
Stefan