directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Decoder bug DIRSERVER-1180: had to reassign issue
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 23:31:53 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Emmanuel,
Hi Alex,
> The decoder bug with these filters (cn=**) was way too much of a pain for me
> to fix in a few hours.
I also spent half a day trying to figure out what was the problem.
>  I'd burn half a day trying to understand how to
> change the decoder without breaking it. 
I'm not sure that it's a decoder problem. As far as I remember, the 
filter is already parsed by the JNDI layer, and the PDU is containing 
something which is handled correctly by the decoder. I have to go back 
to this issue to give you some more insight, but that's for sure not a 
simple one/
>  I realized it's best to leave it up
> to you when you have a chance.  Here's the commit with the test case
> commented out for the issue:
> Here's the issue URL:
> Just take a look at my recent comment and the test case which will show you
> the bug.  Make sure you turn debugging on in the file of
> server-unit when running in eclipse to see the bug.  Otherwise the test just
> hangs without letting you know what's up.  Please read my comment on this
> for some idea on how to handle this issue.
Ok, will do.
> If you think this is something that cannot be tackled in a short time let's
> just push it to 1.5.4.
I don't think we can kill it by 1.5.3, but not sure. I have to refresh 
my mind about what is going on, as I already tried to fix it but had to 
give up, and there might have been a good reason for that.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message