directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using derby BTree new implementation
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 05:35:25 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Any releases out of this library yet?  Got links?

All I have is
http://www.nabble.com/simpler-api-to-the-Derby-store-to18137499.html#a18137499

I have been contacted by François Orsini directly, and transfered the
mail to Kiran and the dev list.

I assume they want us to be guinea pigs, but with brain :) I like the
idea. It has many advantages :
- we get a direct line with the developpers
- we may get what we need in the API
- we have one more possible backend
- both project get a benefit out of it

Bottom line is that we are not stuck with JDBM, but get a maintained
BTree code.

I didn't had time to go any farther right now, and I think Kiran is the
guy when it comes to backend those days. I was just the french guy who
shared beers with another french fellow in Amsterdam, and discussed
about how our both projects can collaborate :) Wanna me to dig the thing
inside out ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com