On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:

 Hi Felix,

 Actually, it would be better if we don't change the version number on
this project.
 It is used and bundled in the Apache DS plugin, and the version is
hardcoded in the coded of the plugin (sorry but it was needed and I had no other solution)...

Can't we use filtering here?

I dont know... Let me explain the situation.
To launch Apache DS within Studio, I need to put all the Apache DS jars in a special folder (handled by the plugin). So before launching a new instance of Apache DS, I verify that this folder contains the needed dependencies, if not I copy them (they are in the plugin's jar).
Once that verification is done, I need to prepare the classpath of a new "launch configuration" (some kind of JVM configuration for launching Java application from within Eclipse) by providing the paths to these jars.

Right now, the names of the jars are contained in a public static final array of Strings. Is this filterable ?

I don't know. Regarding [2] there's no other way :(. If it's a problem of compilation you can try to increase mem for this task [3], but I'm not sure if it helps.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/usage.html
[2] http://www.nabble.com/MAVEN_OPTS-in-pom.xml-or-settings.xml--td15081454s177.html
[3] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/examples/compile-with-memory-enhancements.html

Yeah, that's what I saw for the [2]... :(

Unfortunately, the problem does not occur when compiling java code, but docbook code.
I believe the docbook generation done using an ant task is using too much memory and I think we can't specify the memory used by the maven-ant plugin (I have to take a closer look).

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud