directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Shared] Relaxing the schema parsers
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 09:22:05 GMT
> Or also to accept this name in attribute types like
>
>  ( ... NAME 'mail' ... SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26 )
>  ( ... NAME 'mail' ... SYNTAX IA5String )
>
> In the latter case, should the schema parser take care of mapping this
> name to an OID? I guess this is not possible because the parser can't
> access the schema registry, so it must be done inside the server.

Generally speaking, when the syntaxes are already known (and it's 99%
the case), we should allow this kind of naming. We have to create a
static mapping between syntax OID and the associated name, which can
be extended if we have to (either by a configuration file or by a
direct access to a server, if possible).

If the mapping is not available for a Syntax, then we produce an error
while parsing.

This would make life so much easier !

--
Regards,