directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Report for a Apache Directory Studio 1.2.0 release
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:45:32 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to give a little report on how we are on a 1.2.0 release of Apache
Directory Studio.

I think it's time to think about a 1.2.0 release very soon. Version 1.1.0
has been released more than two months ago (april 7th, 2008) and we have in
the trunk several new developments (finished or close to been finished), as
well as bug fixes, which could really make a good 1.2.0 version.

First, the Apache DS plugin is approaching its last steps. I'm currently
testing it heavily under all types of Operating Systems (Mac OS X, Linux
Ubuntu and Windows), and it's looking great. :)

Next, The Apache DS Configuration plugin has been updated to support the 3
latest versions of Apache DS. It's not capable of reading/writing the
server.xml file of an Apache DS 1.5.0, 1.5.1 and 1.5.2.

The Search Logs view has been added to the LDAP Browser.

We've also added the support to use the proxy features of Eclipse inside
Studio as well as improved the platform (useful actions have been added to
the platform, the Mac OS X application now respects the standards of Apple
for the "About" and "Preferences" actions, etc.).

We've also fixed some bugs dealing with schema files and schema parsing in
the Schema Editor and LDAP Browser plugins.

Here's the complete list of resolved or closed Jira issues:

   - DIRSTUDIO-330  -  CoreException raised in editor when opening a *.txt
   file
   - DIRSTUDIO-332  -  Add support for 1.5.2 and 1.5.0 server.xml
   configuration files
   - DIRSTUDIO-339  -  Add the 'org.eclipse.ui.carbon' Eclipse plugin to the
   Mac OS X distribution
   - DIRSTUDIO-336  -  Errors when parsing schema of some LDAP servers
   - DIRSTUDIO-266  -  OpenLDAP schema files parser fails when DESC contains
   an empty string ''
   - DIRSTUDIO-342  -  Relax the parser for the *.schema files
   - DIRSTUDIO-329  -  Replace internal URL class by shared-ldap LdapURL
   class
   - DIRSTUDIO-321  -  Need to be able to set SOCKS proxy in the RCP version
   - DIRSTUDIO-337  -  Add Save and Print actions in the toolbar of the RCP
   application
   - DIRSTUDIO-328  -  Search Logs View

If there's not too much ongoing developments, I was thinking we could
release a 1.2.0 RC1 version in a few days (or weeks)...

WDYT ?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud