directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Beta-testers needed for a new Apache DS plugin for Apache Directory Studio
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 16:22:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently finishing the development of a new Apache DS plugin for Apache
Directory Studio that will be part of the 1.2.0 release of Studio.

The Apache DS plugin lets you run one (or more) instances of Apache DS
(Apache Directory Server) within Apache Directory Studio or/and Eclipse.
It does not require that you install Apache DS on your machine, the plugin
already holds all the needed libraries (Apache DS version 1.5.2).
With the Apache DS Plugin, you'll be able to create, configure and run a
fully certified LDAP server in less than a minute.

Most of the development is done, I think it just needs a few final tweaks.

For those of you who are interested in, I compiled three updated
distributions of Studio (Mac OS X, Linux x86 & Windows) which include this
new plugin.
These distributions are available here:
    http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ApacheDS_Plugin/

You'll find a basic Quick Start Guide at this URL:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Apache+DS+Plugin+-+Quick+Start+Guide

I'd like to get from you some feedback on this new plugin.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot