directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Modify operation
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:14:09 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Anything stopping us from having a getEntry() on ModifyOperationContext
> which returns ClonedServerEntry.  I'm thinking we can do the modifications
> on this entry and then the getOriginalEntry() method on it can get the
> original state of the entry when needed.

This would save at least 4 lookups ! The entry cloning is just perfect
for that. I can't tell from the top of my head the implication of this
modification, but what I can tell is that the Modify operation is really
so crappy that whatever we do on it will improve it ;)
> This way things like the JNDI provider does not need to calculate earlier
> state and lookup the present state.  I think this will also help with
> respect to other aspects of modifications.
>
> WDYT?

Go for it. I can also do the cleanup of the modify operation, a I have
spent a hell lot of time to go through it while analysing the
performances of the server.

It's up to you !
> Alex

cordialement, regards,