directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WARNING: About trunk commits
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 19:15:21 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We need to be a bit careful while performing commits on the apacheds,
> shared, daemon and installers trunks.  It was rather painful to merge back
> changes from the trunk because of so much divergence so it's a good idea to
> minimize commits to only what's required.  If possible manually apply fixes
> to both bigbang and trunks because I will not be doing a merge from now on.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

To give a little bit more insight, we will soon release a 1.5.3 (trunk)
and then switch bigbang to trunk (the last switch !) which will become
1.5.4-SNAPSHOT. Then bigbang will die, as the big refactoring will be
over, and we will be able to calmly move to 2.0 :)

For any bugfix on trunk, the best would be to apply the fix to bigbang,
until 1.5.3 is out.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny