directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Framework for Integration Tests
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 13:07:51 GMT
Hi,

here is an update.

I finished the integration testing framework for Studio and I'm going to
merge it into trunk soon.

How to use it:

1)
Building Studio with maven from command line works like before, there is
no change to the current process.

2)
To run the integration test with maven from command line you need a
local installation of Eclipse and to set a eclipse-home property that
points to the Eclipse installation path, see [1]

Then the tests could be started with
- Core tests only:   mvn -Pintegration-core test
- UI tests only:     mvn -Pintegration-ui test
- Core and UI tests: mvn -Pintegration-core,integration-ui test

When running the tests all relevant plugins are copied from different
locations to the "test-sandbox":
- from a previous "mvn install" the complete Studio distribution
- from the resource folder the SWTBot plugins
- the test-integration-[core|ui] plugin itself
- some additional plugins from the local eclipse installation
Then the tests are lauched.

3)
For development you need to install the SWTBot plugins because the
test-integration-ui plugin depends on the SWTBot plugins [2]. I added
two launch configurations that could be used to launch the tests within
Eclipse.

The next step is to create some more tests :-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://directory.apache.org/studio/building.html
[2] http://directory.apache.org/studio/working.html