directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] Relaxing the schema parsers
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:16:56 GMT
Hi,

I just want to ask, how we should handle OID macros in OpenLDAP schema
files. Here is an example:

  objectIdentifier NetscapeRoot 2.16.840.1.113730
  objectIdentifier NetscapeLDAP NetscapeRoot:3
  objectIdentifier NetscapeLDAPattributeType NetscapeLDAP:1
  attributetype ( NetscapeLDAPattributeType:198
        NAME 'memberURL'
        DESC 'Identifies ...'
        SUP labeledURI )

Right now the parser just fails if it finds an objectIdentifier line. I
see two ways:

1st)
The parser substitutes those macros internally and returns attribute
types and object classes with the resolved OIDs

2nd)
Add a new data structure for those Object Identifiers, keep the symbolic
names within attribute types and object classes and let the caller
handle the macros.

Any opinions?

Kind Regards,
Stefan