directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Eirik Bjørsnøs" <eir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] This is pretty slick take a look
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 09:20:13 GMT
> http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?view=plot&path=%2Fdirectory&kind=day&kind=week
>
> Alex

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you guys know it's fun to hear you like SVNSearch.
I've been working on this tool for quite a while now and I've always
found user feedback to be really valuable.

So if there's something about SVNSearch you guys would like to see
changed, please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll do my best to
fix it.

If there's something about the interface you can't grok, also let me
know because if enough people ask I might get around to changing it
:-)

There's a feedback form at svnsearch.org [1] or you can just send me an email.

I also liked Alex's comments about the usefulness of commit metrics. A
fool with a tool is still a fool so it's crucial to understand the
numbers you're looking at and their context. Metrics like lines of
code and number of commits tells you just that - they don't tell you
directly who's "important" to a project. That question requires deeper
insight into the code and the social context of the project. That's
why I'm a bit afraid of what a tool like this can do in the hands of
an evil manager :-)

[1] http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/sendfeedback

Eirik.