On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
Alex Karasulu schrieb:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny
> <elecharny@apache.org <mailto:elecharny@apache.org>> wrote:
>

>     this makes perfect sense to me. We also have to relax the parser
>     in many other aspects :
>     - allowing tabs instead of spaces,
>     - allowing more than one space
>     - allowing missing spaces before or after '(' and ')'
>     - allowing unordered parameters.
>

> Also some case invariance might be a good idea.  The parser seems to
> blow up when there's mixed case: i.e. attributetype passes but not
> attributeType.
Ah, ok. I think there is another issue. We have two grammars and two
parsers, one for the OpenLDAP style schema files and one for the the
syntax checkers. Some of these relaxions are already present in the one,
some in the other grammar. Perhaps we should try to could combine both
into one grammar?

Are you talking about the grammar for the schema entity descriptions?

Alex