Hey Pierre,

Sorry for taking so long to respond on this one.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:04 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
Hi again Alex,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:

It seems that each declared protocol must be referenced in the 'apacheDS' bean. Am I right?
If yes, then if I want to enable the DNS server inside Apache DS, I'll need to uncomment the 'dnsServer' bean, add an 'id' to it and reference it in the 'apacheDS' bean?

Yep you're right.

Are you sure about that...?
Actually, I had a closer look to the ApacheDS class (org.apache.directory.server.configuration.ApacheDS) and I've not seen any dnsServer, kdcServer, changePasswordServer or ntpServer field. I don't see how Spring could make any association...

Yeah it was there before.  I may have an older version in mind.  That's where we should keep a reference to all these protocol server/services.  Must have changed when we did this XBean thing.

How do I enable these protocols? Maybe by setting an 'enable' attribute set to true to each protocol bean?

I think so but I'd need to look at the code.  I think there's a start method but it only gets or shoudl only get invoked or startup the service when this enabled flag is set.  I'd need to look at the logic there.

Alex