Hi Pierre,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
Hi,

I'm updating the Studio's Apache DS Configuration plugin to be able to edit Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file and I'm a little lost since the XBean move.

I have a few questions:

Back in 1.5.1 (and 1.5.0), we had an "environment" bean where we could set the admin DN and credentials, as well as a list of binary attributes. It's not in the 1.5.2 server.xml file... Where has it gone ?

It's gone forever thankfully.  We no longer need to include the Admin principal DN and password in the server.xml file.

In the 1.5.2 server.xml file, we have this 'ldapServer' bean (id='ldapsServer') for the LDAPS configuration, in which we have two boolean attributes: 'enabled' and 'ldapsEnabled'. When should I consider that LDAPS is enabled? When both are set to true?

Ohh boy I hate that this is the case.  It's just a mess in there with both these parameters.  You're right though about your conclusion.  Both must be true for the LDAPS capability to be enabled.

It seems that each declared protocol must be referenced in the 'apacheDS' bean. Am I right?
If yes, then if I want to enable the DNS server inside Apache DS, I'll need to uncomment the 'dnsServer' bean, add an 'id' to it and reference it in the 'apacheDS' bean?

Yep you're right.

Thanks,
Alex