On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm currently running some tool (Enerjy for Eclipse) on the current trunk, just to check the code quality. Limitating the errors to Javadoc probelms, I get 10 372 warnings ...

It would be a good idea to start fixing those Javadocs warning, before we decide to do that for ADS 2.0, and spend 2 weeks, 12 hours a day, fixing them ...

I would suggest that we try to fix a few of those every day, all of us, until we get it clean. It may takes months before we got something clean, but that would definitively increase our code quality.

The only problem will be that we may fix Javadoc concurrently, so it's better to picj a few files, do it quickly, and commit. Don't do huge correction without committing.

wdyt ?

I funny agree.  This is a long running task that we should shoot for reaching for 2.0 starting immediately.  We should also all be using these plugins to make sure we're on base with the issues.

Alex