There is no SIMPLE mechanism in SASL.  There's PLAIN though which is effectively the same.

Alex

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Alex Karasulu wrote:
Hey guys,

Someone brought it to my attention that we have a 'SIMPLE' SASL mechanism.  Furthermore it is being used to enable and disable simple binds.  Just curious who rigged it up that way and why?
Strange ... May be an abusive use of "SIMPLE". Or is it connected to string authent/simple authent ?

Was the SIMPLE mechanism intended to be "PLAIN" sasl auth?
I don't think so. I'm just in the middle of the Bind code, let me check this.

Thanks,
Alex

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny