Oh yes this does not help reduce complexity nor the learning curve for sure.

Alex

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Ersin Er <ersin.er@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I suggest we do not have such "giant" branches as bigbang. I think it may prevent some developers working on the project, at least it may make people think twice with what they are doing (in a stressful manner). Instead of trying to keep trunk perfectly building, we can always work on the trunk and avoid merging problems; and we can sometimes (svn) tag the trunk when it perfectly builds and makes sense as a whole. So people can be referred to those tagged versions if they want to go with the edge version of the server.

Just an idea,

Greetings,