Ahh great points Howard!  I did not at all think of these use cases and they make perfect sense.  Sounds though this is not an absolute must be something we can take our time in implementing.  Perhaps it's  better to take more time doing it right with partition nesting than finding a quick hack to make this work right now.

Thanks again!
Alex