On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
This phase will start with the creatin of a core-jndi subproject, which will be the one users will call if they want to use JNDI (the associated code is mainly in core atm). protocol-ldap will depends directly on core, without passing through core-jndi.

Excellent.  So the last remaining piece we will have is search with the new Cursor API to replace it with the overhauled partition and search engine design.  I'm currently working on the NTLM SASL authentication now but should return soon to this region of the code.  In the meantime Kiran is looking into progressing there until I get back into that codebase.

I'm hoping we can wrap all this up and release a 1.5.4 (perhaps 1.5.3 might go out the door before we complete this since we vowed to get it out quickly).

Thanks for the update Emmanuel.

Alex