Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Dev,

I am working on a framework for integration tests for studio. I added
two plugins into my sandbox, one for core and one for UI tests.

Core Integration Tests
----------------------

The core tests don't depend on any UI code, but on the Eclipse runtime.
So it is necessary to startup Eclipse in headless mode, then it is
possible to access things like Jobs, Preferences, etc.

It is already possible to run these test within eclipse or from maven.
However in the maven pom there are some fixed paths, I need to remove
them, maybe I need some help from a maven guru.

UI Integration Tests
--------------------

For UI test I selected SWTBot (http://www.swtbot.org). There are still
some features missing in the current version 0.2, but it looks very
stable and the API is very easy to use. An UI-Recorder is under
development. Last not least it is licenced under ASLv2.

Here is an example how a test looks like: http://tinyurl.com/3j5ujs
It opens the New Connection wizard, enters all connection parameters,
does some checks and closes the connection.

There are some open issues:

1) We have to extend SWTBot, I already contacted the author that I am
interested in contributing.

2) SWTBot depends on many Eclipse plugins. To run the tests from maven
we need to add about 50MB of plugins to our repository. Atm I just have
a tarball containing all these plugins, but I don't want to commit them
to svn.

I'll keep you informed.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Seelmann