directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse McConnell" <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Community] Article: Extending Spring LDAP with an iBATIS- style XML Data Mapper
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 18:53:59 GMT
I have used jpox on a couple of projects in the past.

IMO, jpox is a fine tool for the job...my problems with it are that it
is it a bit of a black art to optimize, it can pull nice performance
numbers but all of the different caching options and what not take
some time and experimentation to get a feel for.  I never wanted to
put that time in for eeking out the good numbers to be honest, it is a
fine tool for jdo though.  If you are doing some really complex
mappings and things are libel to change from version to version of
your platform you'll have to invest in time to make sure things move
from version to version correctly.  Their base cases are quite good
though.  Erik Bengtson was helpful in getting things working and is a
nice bloke to work back and forth with.

I know he was on these lists a while back about that ldap object
linkage but I don't know the state of it personally....he might even
show up on this thread with an update :P

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com