directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Apache DS] Questions about Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 10:19:36 GMT
Hey Pierre,

Sorry for taking so long to respond on this one.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:04 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>
wrote:

> Hi again Alex,
>
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>
> wrote:
>

>> • It seems that each declared protocol must be referenced in the
>>> 'apacheDS' bean. Am I right?
>>> If yes, then if I want to enable the DNS server inside Apache DS, I'll
>>> need to uncomment the 'dnsServer' bean, add an 'id' to it and reference it
>>> in the 'apacheDS' bean?
>>>

>> Yep you're right.
>

> Are you sure about that...?
> Actually, I had a closer look to the ApacheDS class
> (org.apache.directory.server.configuration.ApacheDS) and I've not seen any
> dnsServer, kdcServer, changePasswordServer or ntpServer field. I don't see
> how Spring could make any association...

Yeah it was there before.  I may have an older version in mind.  That's
where we should keep a reference to all these protocol server/services.
Must have changed when we did this XBean thing.

> How do I enable these protocols? Maybe by setting an 'enable' attribute set
> to true to each protocol bean?
>
> I think so but I'd need to look at the code.  I think there's a start
method but it only gets or shoudl only get invoked or startup the service
when this enabled flag is set.  I'd need to look at the logic there.

Alex