directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <>
Subject Re: [Apache DS] Questions about Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 15:19:04 GMT
Hi Pierre,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <>

> Hi,
> I'm updating the Studio's Apache DS Configuration plugin to be able to
> edit Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file and I'm a little lost since the XBean
> move.
> I have a few questions:
> • Back in 1.5.1 (and 1.5.0), we had an "environment" bean where we could
> set the admin DN and credentials, as well as a list of binary attributes.
> It's not in the 1.5.2 server.xml file... Where has it gone ?

It's gone forever thankfully.  We no longer need to include the Admin
principal DN and password in the server.xml file.

> • In the 1.5.2 server.xml file, we have this 'ldapServer' bean
> (id='ldapsServer') for the LDAPS configuration, in which we have two boolean
> attributes: 'enabled' and 'ldapsEnabled'. When should I consider that LDAPS
> is enabled? When both are set to true?

Ohh boy I hate that this is the case.  It's just a mess in there with both
these parameters.  You're right though about your conclusion.  Both must be
true for the LDAPS capability to be enabled.

> • It seems that each declared protocol must be referenced in the
> 'apacheDS' bean. Am I right?
> If yes, then if I want to enable the DNS server inside Apache DS, I'll
> need to uncomment the 'dnsServer' bean, add an 'id' to it and reference it
> in the 'apacheDS' bean?

Yep you're right.

View raw message