directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [XBean] Any documentation on this stuff?
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 11:39:54 GMT
David,

The XBean ContextFactory is not working properly it seems.  Emmanuel and I
have been dealing with the simple issue where we cannot get a Map injected
via standard Spring constructs into an LdapServer bean via the server.xml.
We've spent a few hours trying to mess with the different combinations.
Here's a snippet:

  <ldapServer id="ldapServer" ... >
    <!-- The list of supported authentication mechanisms.
-->
    <saslMechanismHandlers>
      <s:entry key="SIMPLE">
        <simpleMechanismHandler/>
      </s:entry>
      <s:entry key="CRAM-MD5">
        <cramMd5MechanismHandler directoryService="#directoryService"/>
      </s:entry>
      <s:entry key="DIGEST-MD5">
        <digestMd5MechanismHandler directoryService="#directoryService" />
      </s:entry>
      <s:entry key="GSSAPI">
        <gssapiMechanismHandler directoryService="#directoryService" />
      </s:entry>
      <s:entry key="NTLM">
        <ntlmMechanismHandler ntlmProviderFqcn="com.foo.Bar" />
      </s:entry>
      <s:entry key="GSS-SPNEGO">
        <ntlmMechanismHandler ntlmProviderFqcn="com.foo.Bar" />
      </s:entry>
    </saslMechanismHandlers>

We're trying to inject the saslMechanismHandlers Map property into a
LdapServer bean in the server.xml as seen above.  For some reason XBean is
just setting this property with an empty Map.  We have confirmed this.
Maybe this is due to the mixture of spring based tags with XBean custom
tags?  We could start stepping into the XBean code but wanted to ask you
first.

Can you take a look at what's going on? It's either a trivial issue or a bug
in XBean.  If you're busy we understand, so if Emmanuel and I can get commit
access to XBean we can fix this so we're not hosed.

Please do something about this because we're here in this situation since we
bought into your idea to use XBean.  Don't leave us hanging here.

Thanks,
Alex