directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting Phase III refactoring : JNDI removal from the core started
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 16:00:24 GMT
On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>
wrote:

> This phase will start with the creatin of a core-jndi subproject, which
> will be the one users will call if they want to use JNDI (the associated
> code is mainly in core atm). protocol-ldap will depends directly on core,
> without passing through core-jndi.

Excellent.  So the last remaining piece we will have is search with the new
Cursor API to replace it with the overhauled partition and search engine
design.  I'm currently working on the NTLM SASL authentication now but
should return soon to this region of the code.  In the meantime Kiran is
looking into progressing there until I get back into that codebase.

I'm hoping we can wrap all this up and release a 1.5.4 (perhaps 1.5.3 might
go out the door before we complete this since we vowed to get it out
quickly).

Thanks for the update Emmanuel.

Alex