directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Apache DS] Questions about Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 14:41:16 GMT
Hi all,

I still need a few other explanations on some parts of the server.xml file
in order to finish the update for the 1.5.2 version.

I'm wondering what these attributes and tags are for (I guess Kerberos...):

   - saslHost
   - saslPrincipal
   - searchBaseDn
   - saslQop
   - saslRealms

I believe these parameters should also have an associated UI, shouldn't
they?

Thanks

P-A

2008/5/16 Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>:

> [...]
>
> 2008/5/16 Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net>:
>
> Hi Martin,
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>> I completely understand the configuration now.
>>
>> About the peerReplicas property, you're right and I'm not sure either the
>> given example would work.
>> Did anyone tested it?
>>
>> But I think we can mix xbean and spring syntaxes to get something that
>> will work and could look like:
>>
>>>        <replicationInterceptor>
>>>         <configuration>
>>>           <replicationConfiguration serverPort="10390">
>>>             <spring:property name="peerReplicas">
>>>               <spring:set>
>>>                 <spring:value xmlns="
>>> http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans">
>>>                      instance_b@localhost:10392
>>>                 </spring:value>
>>>               </spring:set>
>>>             </spring:property>
>>>             <replicaId>
>>>               <replicaId id="instance_a"/>
>>>             </replicaId>
>>>           </replicationConfiguration>
>>>         </configuration>
>>>       </replicationInterceptor>
>>>

>> Thanks again,
>> Pierre-Arnaud
>>

>> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Martin Alderson <
>> Martin.Alderson@salfordsoftware.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Pierre,
>>>
>>> I haven't tried the new xbean form of the replication configuration -
>>> I'm not really sure if anyone has!
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if peerReplicas="instance_b@localhost:10392" will work,
>>> since peerReplicas is actually a set.  In my old style config I have:
>>>
>>>                  <property name="peerReplicas">
>>>                    <set>
>>>                      <value>t3st-b@127.0.0.1:11390</value>
>>>                    </set>
>>>                  </property>
>>>
>>> Each ApacheDS replica needs to be given a unique and permanent case
>>> insensitive ID.  It should never change for a given ApacheDS instance
>>> unless the backend data is wiped out (effectively giving you a fresh
>>> install).  I think that in the future we would want to make this
>>> auto-generated by default to simplify the configuration.  The replica ID
>>> in your snippet is instance_a - the rest is just necessary cruft that we
>>> should cut down in the future.  The replica ID must match the regular
>>> expression [-_a-zA-Z0-9]{1,16}.
>>>
>>> The replication service listens on the port specified with "serverPort"
>>> for connections from other replicas.  All the other replicas must be
>>> specified with "peerReplicas".  Each peer replica is specified with
>>> [replicaID]@[serverAddress]:[serverPort].
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Martin

>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your answers.
>>>
>>> Another question...
>>>
>>> I'd like the configuration editor to be able to edit basic replication
>>> settings for the replication interceptor.
>>> Can I get a little explanation on what these lines doplease?

>>> Especially the serverPort, peerReplicas, replacaId attributes or

DS,