directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Apache DS] Questions about Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 09:04:10 GMT
Hi again Alex,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:

> • It seems that each declared protocol must be referenced in the
> > 'apacheDS' bean. Am I right?
> > If yes, then if I want to enable the DNS server inside Apache DS, I'll
> > need to uncomment the 'dnsServer' bean, add an 'id' to it and reference it
> > in the 'apacheDS' bean?
> >

> Yep you're right.

Are you sure about that...?
Actually, I had a closer look to the ApacheDS class
(org.apache.directory.server.configuration.ApacheDS) and I've not seen any
dnsServer, kdcServer, changePasswordServer or ntpServer field. I don't see
how Spring could make any association...
How do I enable these protocols? Maybe by setting an 'enable' attribute set
to true to each protocol bean?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud