directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Apache DS] Questions about Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 09:40:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm updating the Studio's Apache DS Configuration plugin to be able to edit
Apache DS 1.5.2 server.xml file and I'm a little lost since the XBean move.

I have a few questions:

• Back in 1.5.1 (and 1.5.0), we had an "environment" bean where we could set
the admin DN and credentials, as well as a list of binary attributes. It's
not in the 1.5.2 server.xml file... Where has it gone ?

• In the 1.5.2 server.xml file, we have this 'ldapServer' bean
(id='ldapsServer') for the LDAPS configuration, in which we have two boolean
attributes: 'enabled' and 'ldapsEnabled'. When should I consider that LDAPS
is enabled? When both are set to true?

• It seems that each declared protocol must be referenced in the 'apacheDS'
bean. Am I right?
If yes, then if I want to enable the DNS server inside Apache DS, I'll need
to uncomment the 'dnsServer' bean, add an 'id' to it and reference it in the
'apacheDS' bean?

Thanks in advance,
Pierre-Arnaud