directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Shared] Relaxing the schema parsers
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 06:54:52 GMT
Alex Karasulu schrieb:

> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 2:24 AM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org
> <mailto:seelmann@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Alex Karasulu schrieb:
>     >
>     > On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny
>     > <elecharny@apache.org <mailto:elecharny@apache.org>
>     <mailto:elecharny@apache.org <mailto:elecharny@apache.org>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     >     this makes perfect sense to me. We also have to relax the parser
>     >     in many other aspects :
>     >     - allowing tabs instead of spaces,
>     >     - allowing more than one space
>     >     - allowing missing spaces before or after '(' and ')'
>     >     - allowing unordered parameters.
>     >
>     >
>     > Also some case invariance might be a good idea.  The parser seems to
>     > blow up when there's mixed case: i.e. attributetype passes but not
>     > attributeType.
>     Ah, ok. I think there is another issue. We have two grammars and two
>     parsers, one for the OpenLDAP style schema files and one for the the
>     syntax checkers. Some of these relaxions are already present in the one,
>     some in the other grammar. Perhaps we should try to could combine both
>     into one grammar?
>

> Are you talking about the grammar for the schema entity descriptions?
>
> Alex

The 1st:
Grammar: openldap.g
Generated Java file: antlrOpenLdapSchemaParser.java
Used by: OpenLdapSchemaParser.java

The 2nd:
Grammar: schema.g
Generated Java files: AntlrSchemaParser.java
Used by: AttributeTypeDescriptionSchemaParser.java,
ObjectClassDescriptionSchemaParser.java,
LdapSyntaxDescriptionSchemaParser.java, etc.

I am not sure, which parser is used when.

In my original mail I was talking about the 2nd one. I use that parser
in the LDAP browser to parse the subschema subentry attributes
"attributeTypes", "objectClasses", "ldapSyntaxes", etc.

Kind Regards,
Stefan