directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAPServer for testing?
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 05:20:57 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Myrna,
> I'm a committer for the Apache DB - Derby team and I am currently
> working on some tests that include attempting to make a connection to
> a database set up to verify authentication through LDAP.
>
> It was suggested on our derby-dev list that someone working on the
> Directory project might have an ldap server available that we could
> have our developers run tests against.
>
> Does anyone have such a server we could use?

Sure we do ! Apache DS has been designed fro the ground to be an
embedable LDAP server. You can perfectly use it in unit tests without
having to launch the server beside. Have a look at
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/using-apacheds-for-unit-tests.html
or at
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
(which is slightly different, but expose how to embed ADS into an
application).

Feel free to post a mail if you need any information !

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com