directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][AvlTree] remove() operation removes multiple entries in specific configurations
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 22:42:04 GMT

>> 3) We have to check that we are not (de)serializing an AVL each time we
>> need to manipulate a tree. I may be wrong, but this may be the case (another
>> reason why I need to review the code)
>>

> No problem let's work it together - should be fun.

Not sure that we can get a lot of uimprovment in this area :
performances are just excellent.

I did some profiling today, and even if global perfs for bbb are 30%
slower than those we got on trunk (3220 req/s compared to 5000 req/s),
there are many places where we can easily make it faster. For instance,
we are cloning 3 times an entry when only once is needed (it cost a hell
lot of time). We have many other potential waste of CPU in the new code.

So, bottom line : great job Kiran !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com