directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Schema configuration
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 06:54:12 GMT
Hi guys,

since a few versions (1.5.1 ?), more and more users are complaining that
they get errors when trying to define their own schemas.

We have some big problem in this area :
* We have a great page
which explains extensively how to define a new schema, but nowhere we
explain how to enable an existing schema.
* In some previous version, the schemas can be enabled through the
server.xml file. This is not anymore the case, or at least, it's not
explicit. It would be great to have this possibility back, because
people who don't ar can't use Studio will have difficult time to enable
a schema otherwise
* The error "attributeType w/ OID not registered" is
not really self-explanatory... It would be much better if we can return
something like "attributeType ipService (OID not
registered". This should be possible...

As you can see, there are many places on the server we can work to help
user to have a better first impression. And it will also alleviate all
of us the burden of answering users who are all complaining about this
very same issue :)

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny