directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject BindHandler and DefaultBindHandler, etc
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 12:49:43 GMT
Hi,

we have a full list of XXXHandler and DefaultXXXHandler classes, the
former being an abstract class, the second is the implementation.
Usually we have this inheritence scheme :

public abstract class AbstractLdapHandler implements MessageHandler
public abstract class XXXHandler extends AbstractLdapHandler implements
MessageHandler
public class DefaultXXXHandler extends XXXHandler

Two questions :
1) why don't we simply merge the XXXHandlers and DefaultXXXHandlers ?
2) The XXXHandler could be declared this way :
public abstract class XXXHandler extends AbstractLdapHandler<XXXRequest>
instead of implementing the MessageHandler interface, which is already
implemented by the AbstractLdapHandler. We should also parametrize the
MessageHandler to MessageHandler<Request>

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com