directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Quality is dropping? (was: Fwd: Adding indices on 1.5.2)
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 12:10:30 GMT
Mark Swanson wrote:

>> In the end, we just want more happy satisfied users.  If we have to
>> admit to faults along the way and correct ourselves, then that's what
>> must happen.  If we cannot be honest and real here we're certainly
>> not going to find that chance in a corporate cubicle.
> At times like this I just have to say, "I love ADS!" - and I'm using 1.0!
Mark, many thanks !
> If the refactoring is done I'd like you guys to just stamp out a 2.0
> asap. All software has bugs. Please don't wait for the code to be
> perfect for a 2.0 release. Having a known bug list is fine for a 2.0
> release. Then I can think about upgrading and playing with all of the
> new stuff.
We are targeting 2.0 (as some of our previous mail stated), but this is
a long process. We know that 2.0 won't be perfect, and we know that some
bugs will remain, but this is not a reason to be weak and to soften our
control on the project. This is the price to pay for successful
projects, and also something we have to do : it's a kind of moral
contract we have with the ASF...

Thanks anyway for your encouragements, it make us feel like we are not
totally wrong :)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com