directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Toward a 1.5.3 release ?
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 11:38:34 GMT
Hi guys,

ADS 1.5.2 has been released less than one month ago (april, 17th), but I
would like to know if releasing a 1.5.3 in the next few weeks could be
an option. There are some reasons why I'm suggesting this move :

- 1.5.2 has been released after a long period of heavy refactoring, and
a lot of bugs have simply been forwarded. 1.5.3 can be used to fix a
bunch of this bugs
- There are some issues with the configuration, and with the way Studio
deals with it. As Studio is also planning a 1.2 release (with some great
addons!), that could be a good timing for a new ADS version
- A lot of work have been done to increase ADS performance : the current
bigbang branch is around 20% faster than the 1.5.2 version (and with a
decent Linux kernel, I was able to gain 15% more performance :).
- The closer we get to 2.0, the more often we want to release new
versions including some new features. Alex is adding some new
Authentication mechanisms into the server, which are good to have.

A reasonnable expectation for a new version should be by end of may, or
early in june (roughly).

It's up to you.
wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,