directory-dev mailing list archives

From Akbar Munir <>
Subject Re: Adding a partition in ApacheDS 1.5.2
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 17:29:45 GMT

Problem solved. I was making changes to wrong server.xml. The server.xml file
to be changed is in the directory "instances\default\conf\server.xml" while
I earlier made changes to "conf\server.xml" file.

Just out of curiosity, why is there another server.xml file when the actual
one is present in the "instances\default\conf" folder?

Akbar Munir wrote:
> The server.xml file in 1.5.2 is a bit different from 1.0.2. Though I have
> copied the sections "<jdbmPartition id="example" ....." and respective
> context entry and changed those to reflect my own partition, but still
> when I connect to the server, only example, schema and system partitions
> are shown and my own partition does not get shown in the root tree. I have
> not added section "<property name="contextPartitionConfigurations"> <set>
> ....." because in my opinion, it may not be applicable in the 1.5.2
> configuration.
> What do I need to add to the server.xml file so that my own partition also
> shows up in the root tree?
> Thanks,
> Akbar.

Sent from the Apache Directory Project mailing list archive at

View raw message