directory-dev mailing list archives

From Akbar Munir <nab...@akbarmunir.com>
Subject Changing userPassword attribute on Ubuntu 8.04
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 13:47:58 GMT

Hi,

I am using ApacheDS 1.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04 (Server Edition). Everything works
fine, but when I change the userpassword attribute, then until and unless I
restart the service, the password changes are not made effective. Before
restarting the service, if I login with old password and verify the
password, the userPassword attribute shows the new password value (SHA), but
still the user can not bind with the new password until the service is
restarted.

On windows XP (SP2), with exactly the same server.xml file, the userPassword
changes are flushed to the disk right away. As soon as the admin changes the
userPassword attribute for some user, the user can only login with the new
password.

I am not using either Kerberos or Change Password protocol. In fact, it is a
simple modification of a user attribute. Any pointers to what may be wrong
in the ubuntu configuration?

Thanks,
Akbar.