I think we should go ahead and fork then inform the JDBM peeps.  But the fork should not change package names so when and if the JDBM peeps update JDBM we can drop our fork if possible.  I hate to have to fork but what can we do.  Just make sure you commit JDBM as is then apply your changes so we can track what changes we've made to report back to the JDBM folks with diffs from our repo.

BTW there's a nasty little bug in the JDBM Browser implementation that was causing me a big headache with the Cursors.  It's really a bitch to deal with but probably easy to fix in the JDBM code.  The browser once I create one and start using it to advance in one direction requires to operations in the reverse direction to start advancing backwards.  For example:

BTree may contain:
[1,1]
[2,2]
[3,3]

10 browser = btree.browse();
20 browser.getNext(tuple); => true with [1,1]
30 browser.getNext(tuple); => true with [2,2]
40 browser.getPrevious(tuple); => true with [2,2]
50 browser.getPrevious(tuple); => true with [3,3]

Notice lines 30 and 40 is where the direction change occurs and it requires two getPrevious() operations to move one tuple back.  The same problem exists if we switch directions in the opposite way.   So this fork gives us a chance to fix this issue.

Alex