Hi E,

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

just wanted to have a second thought. Here is what bugs me :

- we have a valid entry
- we modify it with a new ObjectClass, which is not valid ( "test", for instance)

You mean to say:

(1) the objectClass does not exists?
(2) objectClass exists but the modification does not include the required MUST attributes associated with the new objectClass?

Q1 : should the server accept this?

In either of the cases #1 & #2 above I think the modification should be rejected with an error.

My personnal guess would be : no, but the DIRSEVER-791 test accept it. So
Q2: Should we modify the test accordingly to my guess ?

Yeah it will need to change then I agree.  Stefan Z. you have any thought on this?

Alex