On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Chris Custine <ccustine@apache.org> wrote:
I remember discussing this on IRC at some point, but it seems like there was some talk of re-writing the apacheds-tools and that would attempt to accommodate the path changes.  I have never really looked at the code for apacheds-tools so I am not sure what to suggest off the top of my head.

OK. I was wondering if you did anything in there.

Could the tools be modified to accept an instance argument and use instance relative paths?

Yeah this was exactly what I was thinking.  At this point we have a -i switch used for the software installation path.  I think we can infer the installation root from the classpath because the apacheds-tools.jar is on that path.  Then we can use the -i switch for the instance name.

Is the folder for instances always going to be /var/lib/apacheds-${version} for all *NIX systems? We're ok on Windows with a ${install.home}/instances or something similar.

Alex