I thought I'd mention that we have a major issue with the server-tools which is used to generate the apacheds-tools.jar file.  The problem rests with the way these new installers separate out the installation footprint.

There is a InstallationLayout class used to holds all the paths to various parts of an installation.  It pre-dates the changes to installers which introduced this idea of instances.  Unfortunately it does not track instances.  It presumes the partitions directory inside the installation root contains all the partitions instead of looking into the appropriate instance folder in the /var/lib/apachceds-x.x/ directory.

This means we can no longer use the ApacheDS tools to do things like dump partitions and rebuild indices.  The recent 1.5.2 release has this problem.  I went ahead and released anyway since this is an experimental feature introduction release.  It can contain bugs like this which we can rectify in later releases.  However this problem is pretty limiting and we need to fix it to match the new way in which we deal with instances.

Alex