Also FYI in the prerm script you don't seem to be stopping the server.

Alex

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
Hi Alex,

I stricly have no idea... :(

That's a very weird issue.

Your machine seem to have a "special" /opt partition.

Pierre-Arnaud

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
Pierre here's the output when following the method you recommended below:

root@newton:~# dpkg -i /home/akarasulu/ramdisk/bigbang/installers/apacheds/target/images/apacheds-1.5.2-amd64.deb
Selecting previously deselected package apacheds.
(Reading database ... 120073 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking apacheds (from .../apacheds-1.5.2-amd64.deb) ...
Setting up apacheds (1.5.2) ...

root@newton:~# dpkg -r apacheds
(Reading database ... 120149 files and directories currently installed.)

Removing apacheds ...
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, unable to remove directory `/opt': Device or resource busy - directory may be a mount point ?
dpkg - warning: while removing apacheds, unable to remove directory `/opt': Device or resource busy - directory may be a mount point ?
root@newton:~#

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex