+ Need a schema and script to import DOAP files into DS.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Just a quick heads up for Graham, mainly :

we have had a BoF last thursday where we discussed about using ADS to manage the ASF. To make a long story short, we agreed on a few things :
- we have to install ADS on the zone Graham created
- we must first try to manage our own users (ADS users)
- we have to define complete and validated uses-cases for what we want to do
- to avoid f*cking up access to the ASF servers for our users, we must be sure that we keep the current text file updated
- we might start with access to Confluence, as it's not a critical component
- some sites like Jim's page (http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html) or http://people.apache.org/committers.html might also be seen as perfect target for initial experimentations

Graham Leggett wrote:
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

I suggest we discuss that during AMS, and have a chat session then. Alex is just totally dead (he finished the release last night), and will be flying tomorrow morning.

I emphathise, was flying over Easter and was wiped out afterwards...

I may also create a place on the directory wiki where we can discuss the project.

That may be an idea.

Part of the driver for getting a proper LDAP server going is that I have just landed some more user friendly login module options with httpd, meaning that it is easier to create a per user website (backed by LDAP) for the ASF.

PS : I saw that you were moving from Africa to London ? A new job there ?

Been in London for the last year or so, finally got round to updating my details :)

Regards,
Graham

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny