Hi Steve,

There should be an setLdifDirectory(File dir) method you can use on the ApacheDS instance to give it the path to the LDIF file.  You can set this and the server should load the LDIF for you.  You can either select an individual LDIF file itself and provide that as the argument or you can provide the file of the directory which contains a set of LDIFs that need to be loaded.

HTH,
Alex