On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:50 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
I've committed these changes

project rev 643768
shared rev 643769
apacheds rev 643775
installers rev 643776,643777

Thanks will take a look here in a little bit.

Installers are not quite done.  I've supplied the root LICENSE and NOTICE files and appended-resources/META-INF/LICENSE and NOTICE files for apacheds-noarch but I don't understand how the apacheds-installers project works.  If it could be arranged to reuse the jar assembled in noarch that would seem ideal to me.

The installer (daemon if Pierre did not rename it) plugin will not use this uberjar.  Instead all the jars are collected into a lib directory to be used in the install image.

I can't determine the spring copyright (years or holder)  We should try harder to fix this before release.

OK

There's a bit of cruft left in the noarch module.

I still think that including the entire bouncycastle jar is risky at best.  i think it would be a good idea to check that java 5 doesn't supply the needed functions and if not consider extracting just the files needed for the specific uses we have in mind.

Java 5 does not supply what we need unfortunately.  There is no licensing conflict with including bouncycastle.  Separating what we need may be too much of a hassle.  I can give it a try and see just how much we need.  I'll create a new shared-bouncycastle module then to maintain our subset.

Any ideas on how best to do this?

Alex