Hi,

I think I'm done with the Deb and Linux Binary installers.

The improvement from the last version I sent a few weeks ago is that ApacheDS now runs under the 'apacheds' user. This user will be created by the installers if it's not already existing.

I tested them on my machine with Ubuntu 7.10 and Java 1.5.0_13. They all worked fine.

For those who are interested in, the installer is located here:
    http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/apacheds-debian-amd64-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.deb
    http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/apacheds-debian-i386-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.deb
    http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/apacheds-linux-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.bin

The Debian installers will install the following things on your system:

To start the server, run the following command:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-default start

To stop the server, run the following command:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-default stop

You can launch the Binary installer like a classic executable file:
$ ./apacheds-linux-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.bin

It will ask you four questions:
There will be default values for the three last ones (for easy install).

This installer will install the following things on your system:
To start the server, run the following command:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-$INSTANCE start

To stop the server, run the following command:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apacheds-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-$INSTANCE stop

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud