Hi Emmanual,

Can you send me your patch?  I can do a JDBM 1.0.1 release based on it.

alex

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:14 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:
Hi Alex,

while modifying the server (directory), I had to modify the JDBM code to add a setter for the BTree class (setValueSerializer()), simply because I need to use a specail serialize, which takes a set of data in order to be able to create deserialized objects. The fact is that if we already have a file containing some data, the BTree ressucitate the valueSerialalizer from the file, using a standard deserialization process.

I think I can modify the RecordManager in order to create a new instance of the ValueSerializer, but I find this a little bit cumbersome.

Anyway, I just want to know if we can do this modification on the JDBM code base, if there is any chance that a JDBM 1.0.1 can be release, or if we simply have to fork the project and define it as a subproject of ADS ?

wdyt ?

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny