directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS LDAP codec streaming
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:24:27 GMT
I understand re 1.0. I'm stuck in a backwater on an early 1.5 version due to
  a) the AD SVN repository got restructured (seems to happen a lot :-) ) and
I've made quite few customisations that I need to patch across
  b) the major part of a) is extensions for loading dynamic schema for
Virtual Directory plug-ins which I have to move over to the new "schema
partition" approach, but in my case I don't want these schemas persisted.
I think it would take me about two weeks to address this task, but as usual
the focus of my managers is on customer facing features rather then trying
to stick to reasonably current versions of the underlying platform. I'm
currently pushing to get time allocated against it for a release around the
end of this year (not so agile :-) ).

If the fact that the JIRA is based on 1.0 is a killer for you guys, then
I'll update tomorrow when you mentioned the trunk would be free of the maven
problem and see if I can apply my minimal patch in the JIRA to the 1.5
structue (plus whichever version of MINA the trunk makes use of these days).
Given my lack of understading of the very complex code, I'm not 100% sure if
the problem is in AD's use of MINA (my presumption) or MINA itself...

Cheers