directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS LDAP codec streaming
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 02:43:37 GMT
As there was no feedback to my initial ping about this streaming problem I
thought I'd garner more interest by updating a vanilla 1.5 check-out and see
if I can put some debug messages in the right place to show the event queue
growing by an entry for each search result, if indeed the problem is still
evident in 1.5. I noticed some directory have been restructured when I
updated and also found I needed to update to at least Maven 2.0.6 so I went
for the latest version of 2.0.8.

In the top level "mvn install" using JDK 1.5.0_11 on Windows XP I saw a
failure with
ad-1.5-plain\apacheds\protocol-kerberos\src\test\java\org\apache\directory\server\kerberos\protocol\TicketGrantingServiceTest.java
and moved the test out of the way, however when I re-instated the test so I
could include the error output it just worked so the failure may be
intermittent or due to starting with a clean build.

After a bit of poking around the dev list I saw that I now need to run
ad-1.5-plain\installers\apacheds-noarch\apacheds.bat to get the server
starting stand-alone, however when I run it I get the following error after
lots of assembly work has completed:

[WARNING] Attempting to build MavenProject instance for Artifact (
org.apache.com
mons:commons-io:1.3.2) of type: jar; constructing POM artifact instead.
[INFO] Expanding: C:\Documents and
Settings\Norval\.m2\repository\org\apache\com
mons\commons-io\1.3.2\commons-io-1.3.2.jar into
C:\DOCUME~1\Norval\LOCALS~1\Temp
\archived-file-set.107786353.tmp
[INFO] Expanding: C:\Documents and
Settings\Norval\.m2\repository\commons-dbcp\c
ommons-dbcp\1.2.2\commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar into
C:\DOCUME~1\Norval\LOCALS~1\Temp\a
rchived-file-set.2019528138.tmp
[INFO] Expanding: C:\Documents and
Settings\Norval\.m2\repository\opensymphony\q
uartz\1.6.0\quartz-1.6.0.jar into
C:\DOCUME~1\Norval\LOCALS~1\Temp\archived-file
-set.777252656.tmp
[INFO] Building jar:
C:\src\ad-1.5-plain\installers\apacheds-noarch\target\apach
eds-noarch-installer2-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An invalid artifact was detected.

This artifact might be in your project's POM, or it might have been included
tra
nsitively during the resolution process. Here is the information we do have
for
this artifact:

    o GroupID:     org.apache.directory.installers
    o ArtifactID:  apacheds-noarch-installer
    o Version:     1.5.2-SNAPSHOT
    o Type:        jar

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.artifact.InvalidArtifactRTException: For artifact
{org.apache.d
irectory.installers:apacheds-noarch-installer:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT:jar}: An
attached
artifact must have a different ID than its corresponding main artifact.
        at
org.apache.maven.project.artifact.AttachedArtifact.<init>(AttachedArt
ifact.java:51)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectHelper.attachArtifact(Def
aultMavenProjectHelper.java:53)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.assembly.mojos.AbstractAssemblyMojo.execute(A
bstractAssemblyMojo.java:295)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:447)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandalone
Goal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:493)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:463)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:224)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 21 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Apr 09 12:24:27 EST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 25M/47M
[INFO]
Unable to access jarfile
target/apacheds-noarch-installer-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT-app.jar

Does anyone know what I should do to get around this problem?

Thanks